Online Writing Courses
We have developed a series of online creative writing courses, where you can improve your writing skills through one-to-one exercises, lectures and critique. No previous writing experience is necessary, with the exception of our Advanced Creative Writing course and each course facilitator will work with you to improve your writing at your own level.
Please also note our cancellation/refund policy.
|Beginners Creative Writing Course; Start Dates: 20th May 2013 – Special Offer for June 4th- €99 – usual course price €150||6 weeks||Olive O’Brien||€99/£83 GBP/$130 USD||More Info »|
|Creative Writing Course for Teens: Start Dates: 11th June 2013 – Special Offer for June 11th- €99 – usual course price €150||6 weeks||Olive O’Brien||€99/£83 GBP/$130 USD||More Info »|
|Intermediate Creative Writing Course; Start Date: 5th June 2013||6 weeks||Eileen Casey||€150.00/£126 GBP/$204 USD||More Info »|
|Advanced Creative Writing (Short Story); Start Date: 10th June 2013||6 weeks||Geraldine Mills||€150.00/£126 GBP/$204 USD||More Info »|
|Writing for Children; Start Dates: September 9th 2013||6 weeks||Oisin McGann||€190.00/£155 GBP/$250 USD||More Info|
|Poetry Course: “The Lost and Found Poetry Workshop” – Start Date: 5th June 2013||6 weeks||Eileen Casey||€150.00/£126 GBP/$204 USD||More Info »|
|How to Blog; Start Date: 5th June 2013||4 weeks||Niamh Griffin||€95.00/£80 GBP/$130 USD||More Info »|
|Screenwriting; Start Date: 5th June 2013||6 weeks||Anne Barrett||€150.00/£126 GBP/$204 USD||More Info »|
How do the courses work?
- Having enrolled on the course, the tutor emails the first unit and tasks to the student.
- You do not have to be online at any particular time or day.
- The student returns the task by the agreed time and receives feedback and a new task.
- The process repeats.
- Tasks may be writing exercises, or they may be based directly on the student’s work, for example, suggestions as to how to rework a passage.
- We estimate that you should allow between 2-4 hours per week to really get the most from your course.
- We recommend that you complete the tasks on a weekly basis and take the course in successive weeks, to ensure that you receive the most out of your chosen course.
- Our courses are carried out through one to one email correspondence and all you need is internet access.
- For course length and prices, please see above.
- In the event that you book an online course and are unable to complete the course within the intended time period, please contact your course instructor to receive outstanding course units and to discuss a suitable time to complete them.