How do I know which course to choose?
The course description is available on each course page. Or if you are unsure, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
I’m a complete beginner and I have no previous writing experience – is the beginners course right for me?
Our beginners creative writing course is suitable for complete beginners and no writing experience is required. Throughout the course, you will be given a multitude of exercises and tips that you will need to set your inner scribbler free. We’re not looking for masterpieces, just pieces that contain something of your own creativity.
I would like to sign up for the Advanced Creative Writing Course (Short Story) – what are the requirements?
It is suitable for participants who have already started to write short stories and who would like to develop their skills. You don’t have to be published.
How do the online courses work?
- Our courses are carried out through one to one email correspondence and all you need is internet access.
- You do not have to be online at any particular time or day.
- Having enrolled on the course, the tutor emails the first unit and tasks to the student on the course start date.
- The student returns the task by the agreed time (one week) and receives feedback and a new task.
- The process repeats.
- Tasks may be writing exercises, or they may be based directly on the student’s work, for example, suggestions as to how to rework a passage.
- The tutor will allocate time on an agreed day each week to comment on and respond to work or queries, and to set new tasks.
- We recommend that you complete the tasks on a weekly basis and take the course in successive weeks, to ensure that you receive the most out of your chosen course.
What happens if I book a course and I am unable to complete the course within the intended time period?
In the event that you book an online course and are unable to complete the course within the intended time period, please contact your course instructor to receive outstanding course units and to discuss a suitable time to complete them.
What is your refund/cancellation policy?
You are entitled to a full refund within one week of your payment, in accordance with distance selling regulations. We cannot refund fees in respect of cancellation after this time. We cannot offer partial refunds to students who do not finish a course. In the event that you are unable to complete the course within the intended time period, please contact your course instructor to receive outstanding course units and to discuss a suitable time to complete them.
How much time do I need to allocate to a course?
There will be writing exercises or suggestions to work on every week. The amount of time required to complete the tasks varies greatly from student to student. Many of our students do work full-time and our courses are tailored accordingly.
How can I register and pay for a course?
Payment can be made online or by post. If you are paying online, just note that the Paypal system accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express, not Laser. To pay online, just visit the relevant course page and click on the Buy Now button at the end of the page. You can also pay by cheque, bank draft or postal order made payable to “Creative Writing Ink” and forward payment to Creative Writing Ink, Unit 1G The Atrium Building, Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool, Cork, Ireland. We will contact you by email, on receipt of payment. If you are forwarding payment by post, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may reserve a place for you on your chosen course, pending receipt of payment.
Do you offer gift vouchers?
Our gift vouchers are available here and can be paid for online, or by cheque, bank draft or postal order. Paper gift vouchers and online vouchers are available.
What other services do you offer?